FAMILY SUNDAY SCHOOL Starting October 1st, we will start up classes for Family Sunday School for the 2023-2024 season. Classes will be held at both church locations on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month at 10am. We will update you with more information as it becomes available.
About 80 people attended the Divine Mercy Sunday celebration at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic church in Ithaca. Father Richard Jozwiak of Saginaw told of his experience saying Mass at the church in Poland where Sister Maria Faustina is buried. Participants joined in the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, went to confession, and enjoyed a potluck buffet at the conclusion of the service. The service was sponsored by the Gratiot County Catholic Adult Formation and Education committee.
Some pictures from the Catholic Women’s Conference in Lansing on October 16, 2021
Here are the descriptions for the images below:
1. This year the Lansing Catholic Women’s Conference was renamed the Michigan Catholic Women’s Conference and ladies were invited from all Michigan dioceses. It was held Saturday, October , 2021 at the Lansing Center.
2. Our gracious and delightful Master of Ceremonies was Erin Looby-Carlson. Erin is the Director of Communications for our Saginaw Diocese.
3. Nationally known, Sheri Wohlfert was one of our speakers. Sheri lives on a farm in Westphalia (Lansing Diocese) with her family. We have been so blessed that she has spoken at St. Martin and St. Paul as part of our past CAFE programs. Anyone who has ever heard Sheri has delighted in her humor and her deep faith.
4. Fr. Adam Maher of our Saginaw Diocese and these ladies presented a skit in which all found their negative emotions changed to positive emotions through God’s blessings.
5. This is a view of the conference center and the large crowd in attendance. Kelly Wahlquist is the speaker at the moment. She was a collaborator with Jeff Cavins in preparing the Bible Timeline which we will be reading in Lent, 2022
6. Fr. Adam Maher places the monstrance on the altar in preparation for Eucharistic Adoration.
7. Fr. Joe Krupp was another outstanding speaker. Many of you are familiar with his articles in Faith Magazine.
8. Mass is about to begin. Mass was concelebrated by Bishop Earl Boyea of the Lansing Diocese and our own Bishop Robert Gruss of our Saginaw Diocese.
Our Council of Catholic Women summer outing to Midland was a most enjoyable day. We started with brunch at Bob Evans followed by noon Mass at St. Brigid of Kildare. In the afternoon, we utilized our artistic talents to glaze pottery at Space Studio.