Some images from the Feast of St. Martin De Porres mass and after-mass feast!
Catholic Women’s Conference Pictures
Some pictures from the Catholic Women’s Conference in Lansing on October 16, 2021
Here are the descriptions for the images below:
1. This year the Lansing Catholic Women’s Conference was renamed the Michigan Catholic Women’s Conference and ladies were invited from all Michigan dioceses. It was held Saturday, October , 2021 at the Lansing Center.
2. Our gracious and delightful Master of Ceremonies was Erin Looby-Carlson. Erin is the Director of Communications for our Saginaw Diocese.
3. Nationally known, Sheri Wohlfert was one of our speakers. Sheri lives on a farm in Westphalia (Lansing Diocese) with her family. We have been so blessed that she has spoken at St. Martin and St. Paul as part of our past CAFE programs. Anyone who has ever heard Sheri has delighted in her humor and her deep faith.
4. Fr. Adam Maher of our Saginaw Diocese and these ladies presented a skit in which all found their negative emotions changed to positive emotions through God’s blessings.
5. This is a view of the conference center and the large crowd in attendance. Kelly Wahlquist is the speaker at the moment. She was a collaborator with Jeff Cavins in preparing the Bible Timeline which we will be reading in Lent, 2022
6. Fr. Adam Maher places the monstrance on the altar in preparation for Eucharistic Adoration.
7. Fr. Joe Krupp was another outstanding speaker. Many of you are familiar with his articles in Faith Magazine.
8. Mass is about to begin. Mass was concelebrated by Bishop Earl Boyea of the Lansing Diocese and our own Bishop Robert Gruss of our Saginaw Diocese.
Religious Education INFO/Signup Form
On September 18th & 19th, there will be a short presentation of our new religious education program for families with children ready for religious education. This program is a whole family catechesis. The time commitment for families at the parish will be one hour, once a month. The family meeting will take place on the first Sunday of each month at each church location. The time will be the same: 10:00 a.m.. The first half hour is a teaching lesson to inform the families of what the monthly lesson will be about, the second half hour is a child-friendly lesson on the saint of the month, while the parents will stay with the leader of the program. The last half an hour is designed for parents to have all the tools required to teach their family the activity and lesson at home. Our first class will be October 3rd and the program is designed to wrap up in May.
Please fill out the registration form attached if you are interested. These forms are also available at each church by the bulletins. You can return them to the office directly, or drop them in the box under the table with the bulletins. You may also send them to the office by email.
We will also have a separate sacramental preparation class for those children who need their sacraments. Please indicate that when you turn in your form.
Please contact Kathy with your questions or concerns. I will be happy to help. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
– Kathleen Steinhorst
St. Paul the Apostle Parish
Mon | 1pm-5:30pmTues | 9am-1:30pmWed | 1pm-5:30pmFri | 9am-1:30pm
Here is the signup form for our 2021/2022 RE program. Please fill it out and drop it off at the office as soon as you can:
Knights Golf Tourney Pictures
Our Knights of Columbus Annual Golf Tourney was a great success. It was a beautiful day for golfing and winning prizes. The delicious steak dinner provided an excellent opportunity for socializing. Many thanks to our Knights for their service to our parish, our community, and beyond. We appreciate your spirituality and outstanding generosity.
CCW Outing Pictures
Our Council of Catholic Women summer outing to Midland was a most enjoyable day. We started with brunch at Bob Evans followed by noon Mass at St. Brigid of Kildare. In the afternoon, we utilized our artistic talents to glaze pottery at Space Studio.
Church Picnic Pictures
Here are some pictures from our church picnic at Reed Park.