Some pictures from the Catholic Women’s Conference in Lansing on October 16, 2021
Here are the descriptions for the images below:
1. This year the Lansing Catholic Women’s Conference was renamed the Michigan Catholic Women’s Conference and ladies were invited from all Michigan dioceses. It was held Saturday, October , 2021 at the Lansing Center.
2. Our gracious and delightful Master of Ceremonies was Erin Looby-Carlson. Erin is the Director of Communications for our Saginaw Diocese.
3. Nationally known, Sheri Wohlfert was one of our speakers. Sheri lives on a farm in Westphalia (Lansing Diocese) with her family. We have been so blessed that she has spoken at St. Martin and St. Paul as part of our past CAFE programs. Anyone who has ever heard Sheri has delighted in her humor and her deep faith.
4. Fr. Adam Maher of our Saginaw Diocese and these ladies presented a skit in which all found their negative emotions changed to positive emotions through God’s blessings.
5. This is a view of the conference center and the large crowd in attendance. Kelly Wahlquist is the speaker at the moment. She was a collaborator with Jeff Cavins in preparing the Bible Timeline which we will be reading in Lent, 2022
6. Fr. Adam Maher places the monstrance on the altar in preparation for Eucharistic Adoration.
7. Fr. Joe Krupp was another outstanding speaker. Many of you are familiar with his articles in Faith Magazine.
8. Mass is about to begin. Mass was concelebrated by Bishop Earl Boyea of the Lansing Diocese and our own Bishop Robert Gruss of our Saginaw Diocese.